Monday 29 February 2016

Books that will make you ugly cry


My display last week got a lot of attention:
  • I put up the poster above;
  • I selected a bunch of "sad" books and put them on display;
  • I attached a tissue to each book with a teardrop-shaped note that said, "In case of feels";
  • and I watched as the books flew off the display!
  • Better still, my students kept recommending their favourite weepy, so I kept my display stocked for days.
Girls are so easy...

Here are some examples of the books I used:


  • Fault in our Stars, by John Green
  • Before I Fall, by Lauren Oliver
  • 13 Reasons Why, by Jay Asher
  • Everybody Sees the Ants, by A.S. King
  • The Kite Runner, by Khaled Hosseini
  • The Boy in the Striped Pajamas, by John Boyne
  • Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl, by Anne Frank
  • The Book Thief, by Markus Zusak
  • A Monster Calls, by Patrick Ness
  • My Sister’s Keeper, by Jodi Picoult
  • A Child Called “It”,  by Dave Pelzer
  • Home, by Emma Donoghue
  • Eleanor & Park, by Rainbow Rowell
  • Me Before You, by JoJo Moyes
  • Walk Two Moons, by Sharon Creech
  • Atonement, by Ian McEwan






No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment