Wednesday 22 July 2015

Library display - Top 10 reads in 2015

Top 10 teen reads in  2015 - so far...

I pulled out some stats from my library programme and came up with the top 10 most read books of 2015 - so far...

I used the following criteria:
  • The books must have been added to our library collection in 2015...
  •  ...which meant they didn't necessarily need to have been published this year
  • I excluded any books from our Grade 8, 9 and 10 reading progammes 
I printed out copies of each cover, stuck a number on each one and pegged them on string between two pillars. The first two girls who saw the display squealed with delight as they saw three of the books were ones that they had read, but then quickly appeared at my desk to make a suggestion. They said they automatically went around to the back of the covers to see the blurbs for some of the other books - to find the backs blank! 
Point taken...
I quickly printed out the blurbs and pegged them up too, and I don't think one student has managed to walk through the media centre without taking a peek at the blurbs - success!

Interesting fact: Two of the books are non-fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment