Thursday 24 July 2014

What would your book be called if it had a click-baity title?

 Hootsuite
OK, so I know that you know what click bait means, but I had to look it up. (Check out some of these definitions: Urban Dictionary, The American Reader, Online Slang Dictionary)

Hated by some, loved by others. But either way, you have to laugh at Hootsuite's blog post (using a click-baity title, of course): What if Classic Books Were Given Click-Baity Titles?

My two favorites are One of the most epic #roadtrips of all time and The 5 types of people you don't want to be trapped on a deserted island with (sic). Can you guess their real titles?

And to my delight/horror, I have realized that the blurb for my novel, The Day We Are Born, is click-baity!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment